Something has to be done about the stinky smell of a diaper pail. YIKES! I like a chemical free home, so I decided to try making DIY odor absorbing discs. My nose loves them. They were so easy to make (Got them done during one of my sons quick naps) and have made the smell of the bathroom so much better. I have even placed one in my husbands shoe closet.
1 1/2 cups baking soda
1/2 cups distilled water or 3 cups water boiled in sauce pan for 10 minutes
Silicone cupcake mold or paper lined metal cupcake pan (I prefer paper as it will absorb some of the essential oil. Removing the Essential Oil smell from a silicone mold can be difficult.)
Essential oil (I prefer lavender as a natural disinfectant)
1. boil 3 cups water for 10 minutes
2. Allow water to cool
3. Combine 1 1/2 cups baking soda with 1/2 cup cooled boiled water
Combine 1 1/2 cups baking soda with 1/2 cup distilled water
4. Add 20 drops of essential oil to cool baking soda mix and mix well
5. Spoon approx. 2 1/2 tbs. of mixture into silicone cupcake mold or cupcake paper lined metal pan
6. Tap the pan on a hard surface several times to smooth out the disks and release any air bubbles.
7. Allow to dry 24-48 hours out of direct sun
7. Store unused discs in airtight container out of direct sun
If you try it out let me know your thoughts!
I adore being a mom. Each day is filled with small moments of joy...and some challenging ones too! All of it is just too precious.